SafePlace, Thurston County's designated sexual and domestic violence services agency, has an opening for two part-time Community and Residential Services Childcare Providers.
The Community and Residential Services Childcare Providers will provide youth activities during community services support groups, legal clinics and other agency activities, as needed.
Successful candidates will:
- Provide childcare and other activities for children and youth.
- Complete all required client contact paperwork and statistics forms.
- Log in entries of items requiring follow-up.
- Report to Child Protective Services (CPS) in the case of suspected child abuse and neglect within 48 hours and follow up with Youth and Parenting Program Manager.
- Maintain youth space at shelter.
- Provide input to the Youth and Parenting Program Manager regarding information staff may need during case conferencing.
- Meet with Youth and Parenting Program Manager, train community childcare volunteers, and attend required meetings, as needed.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Experience in working with children and youth.
- General knowledge of child development and effects of domestic violence on children.
- Demonstrated understanding of domestic and sexual violence issues.
- Willing to participate in a team oriented work environment.
- Commitment to support the program with a diverse and multicultural perspective.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff.
- Have a telephone.
Commitment to the need for client and agency confidentiality.
<!--[endif]-->Agreement with the SafePlace philosophy statement.
- Experience in crisis intervention.
- Bilingual/Bi-cultural in Spanish and English.
- Experience in conflict resolution.
- Experience working with parents/caretakers.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
Please include three professional references in your application. One of your references must be a current or past supervisor from within the last five years.
Deadline: Open until filled. Priority consideration will be given to applications received by 9:00 a.m. Wednesday, December 18, 2019.
SafePlace employment is conditioned upon agreement with SafePlace's Philosophy Statement and passing a Washington State Patrol criminal background check. Please complete the Criminal History Questionnaire, Criminal Background Check Disclosure and Identifying Information for Criminal Background Check forms below and bring them with you if invited to interview. Criminal background checks will only be run if you are offered employment.
SafePlace Philosophy Statement
Criminal History Questionnaire
Criminal Background Check Disclosure
Identifying Information for Criminal Background Check
SafePlace is an equal opportunity employer. Our agency is committed to a culturally and ethnically diverse workplace.